We arrived safely in Amman, and have moved into our hotel in Madaba. All the dig equipment made it through safely. A few random thoughts:
- The new mosque in Madaba lights up the night sky, its like the Disney palace or something.
- Props to the Jayhawks for winning the tournament, looks like the game was a thriller.
- Not too surprising that Memphis big weakness (free throws) finally came back to haunt them.
- Apparently this is the price you pay for being an archaeologist, you have to miss big games.
- The hotel is really nice, but the room reminds of a monk/prison cell.